IEEE Computer Society Student Chapter
This society is affiliated to the National IEEE and National IEEE Computer Society. If you are majoring in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science then this society would be a great way to get involved and learn about the major.
By being a member of the IEEE Computer Society, you will enjoy the following great benefits:
- Networking with other students in your college
- Tutorials on valuable tool sets used in both the industry and academics
- Information sessions with industry professionals
- Financial assistance in attending conferences
- Discounted membership
- Keep up to date on the entire computing field with a complimentary subscription to IEEE Spectrum & the Computer magazine
- FREE online access to 300 computing and IT books
- FREE online access to 350 distance learning course modules in more than 40 subjects including Java, Cisco, Sun, Microsoft, and more
- Obtain a free @computer.org e-mail alias for as long as you are a member
- Participate in up to four of 40+ Technical Committees
- Receive discounted registration fees to more than 170 society-sponsored conferences, symposia, and workshops
- Access hundreds of books, tutorials, conference publications, and more at discounted member rates.
- Free membership in the local chapters nearest you enhances your professional development and provides networking opportunities.
- Develop leadership and management skills and give back to your community by holding elective office in the society or by serving as a volunteer on one of the society's many boards and committees
- Become eligible for awards and scholarships
- And of course, meet new people.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or IEEE Computer Society Advisors Dr. Pradeep Nair (email@example.com) or Dr. John Faller (jfaller@Exchange.fullerton.edu).