Department of Computer Science
We provide students with:
- a strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and computer system technology.
- practical problem-solving skills for creating computer systems and applications.
- the ability and motivation to adapt as technology advances.
Creative research and professional development by our faculty and our students are essential to our success.
If you have any questions or need help from the department, please contact administrative support staff .
If you are first-year or transferring student, you need to meet the ECS Student Success Center advisors.
If you are junior or senior, you need mandatory academic advisement to register for your classes. Please contact a major adviser shown on the advisement page and make an advising appointment.
The Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
New pilot program for CS introductory courses:
- improved experience of CS introductory courses
- separated lectures and labs for more flexible scheduling
- greater opportunity to meet more people
In lieu of CPSC 120, please enroll in CPSC 120A and 120L
In lieu of CPSC 121, please enroll in CPSC 121A and 121L
The Computer Science Department would like to honor Anthony Quân Le, lecturer, for his dedication and service to the college. Anthony had been teaching in our department since Spring 2019 and had a life-long passion for teaching and learning. He will be missed.