Part-time Lecturer Pool in Engineering and Computer Science
The College of Engineering and Computer Science (ECS) at California State University, Fullerton (CSUF), seeks applications from highly qualified individuals to a pool from which the department can select candidates for teaching a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses in its five administrative units.
Some of the classes are offered either late afternoon or evening making it feasible for working professionals while some courses are more appropriate for those of you with flexibility with your primary work since they are offered during the day time.
Further information regarding the college, its academic units and its curriculum may be obtained from the following website: http://fullerton.edu/ecs
Department and Areas of Interest
• Civil and Environmental Engineering – Offers course in areas related to Structures, Geotechnical, Architecture, Hydraulics, Environmental, Transportation and Construction Engineering
• Computer Engineering – The desired qualifications for this position include but are not limited to, hardware-based computer security, digital VLSI, analog-mixed-Signal VLSI, embedded systems, computer architect, and digital system design and verification
• Computer Science – Software Engineering, Database and Web Programming, Computer Network and Security, Distributed Systems, Machine Intelligence, Bioinformatics, Computer Graphics and Multimedia, Cybersecurity and High Performance Computing, Programming languages and Operating Systems
• Electrical Engineering – Communication Systems, Signals and Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Electrical Power, Control Systems, Electronics, Circuit Theory and Electromagnetic Fields and Applications
• Mechanical Engineering – Foundation courses such as mechanical engineering software, CAD, Robotics, Controls, and Automated Manufacturing, Design and Materials for Manufacturing, Thermal and Fluids Engineering and Power and Energy.
A Ph.D. in Engineering or Computer Science is strongly preferred, though other highly qualified individuals with MS (engineering or computer science) degrees and demonstrable currency in the appropriate field will be considered. Ideal candidates will be able to document their excellent academic preparation in engineering and/or computer science fields along with current experience in industry. Proficiency with online teaching strategies and approaches may further enhance an applicant’s candidacy.
Successful candidate(s) will be expected to work effectively with the diverse faculty, staff, and student body of ECS.
Appointment Date and Academic Calendar
The need for part-time faculty is greatest in the Fall and Spring semesters. The fall term begins in late August and ends in mid-December; the spring term runs from the beginning of February through the end of May. On rare occasions, part-time faculty are needed during one of the Summer session segments.
Appointment and Salary
All part-time faculty appointments are made as Lecturers, under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the California State University system and the California Faculty Association. Initial appointments are for one semester only. Salaries vary depending upon qualifications and experience. For a description of potential university benefits go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/documents/benefits/Faculty_Unit_3.pdf
Regular performance evaluations of part-time lecturers are made by the department or program according to the terms of the adopted University Policy Statement (UPS 210.060).
Complete description of the part-time lecturer position description is available at the following link: ECS Part-time Lecturer Position Description
Please submit a letter of interest and application that includes a statement of which courses the applicant is qualified to teach (see above list), a current CV (resume), and two letters of recommendation. Documentation of teaching effectiveness and sample course syllabi (if available) are also strongly encouraged.
Send all materials (cover letter, CV and other documentation) by email with attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org .