Website Heading
Skip navigation and go to page content
Federal Stafford Loans
What Is The Application Process
Loan Counseling
Choosing a Lender
Lender List

Loan Maximums

Loan Payments
PLUS Loans
Alternative Loans
Loan Dispute Intervention
Financial Aid Home

Loan Dispute Intervention
Horizontal Rule

If you have concerns about your federal loan, you should first attempt to resolve it with your school, your lender, or your guarantor. If you are not satisfied, the Office of the Ombudsman for Student Financial Assistance at the U.S. Department of Education may be able to assist you.

Federal Loans include:

  • Federal Family Education Loan (Stafford Loan, Parent Loan)
  • William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan
  • Federal Perkins Loan

A Self Resolution checklist is available at the FSA Ombudsman website for your use to ensure that you have done everything yourself to resolve your problem. If you have done everything and the issue is not resolved, you may fill out the Ombudsman assistance request form and/or contact them directly.

Be ready to:

  • Identify the problem
  • Define your expectations
  • Describe actions already taken to resolve the problem
  • Provide documentation to support your position

U.S. Department of Education
FSA Ombudsman

830 First St., NE
Fourth Floor
Washington, DC 20202-5144
Phone: (877) 557-2575
Fax: (202) 275-0549


End of content: footer below
University Logo  
This page is maintained by the Cal State Fullerton department of Financial Aid. Report problems to
California State University, Fullerton ©2009. All Rights Reserved.