There are special groups that have distinctly different opportunities for financial aid. These include the following.
AB 540 Students
AB 540 undocumented students now have new financial aid opportunities under the CA Dream Act (CDA). They are now eligible to apply for private scholarships, State University Grant, and Cal Grant. Here are some resources for AB 540 students.
- Titan Dreamers Resource Center - On-campus center that is committed to helping AB 540 student's meet their educational goals. One of the many resources they provide is a scholarship listing with both on- and off-campus scholarships.
- California Student Aid Commission - Resources for financial aid information and application for CDA students.
- Financial Aid @ CSUF - We have created an application resource for CDA students.
If you're enrolled in a teaching credential certificate program or blended undergraduate degree and credential program, you may be considered for several types of aid. Click here to learn more about financial aid for credential students.
International Student Aid
International students are not eligible for financial aid. International students can learn more about the cost of attending CSUF by visiting this website from International Programs & Global Engagement.
Housing students who are selected as a resident assistants (RA), and are receiving state and federal funds as a financial aid recipient, will be assigned reduced cost of attendances which are reflective compensation and benefits of being a resident assistant for housing.
Student veterans should apply for financial aid as they may be eligible for both State and Federal funding. Student veterans may be eligible for additional educational benefits.
- Veteran Resource Center - This CSUF resource center provides specialized support services for veterans and dependents of veterans.
- President's Veteran Scholars Program - A CSUF scholar program which provides a scholarship, as well as, experiences and opportunities in academics, leadership, service, and mentorship for high-achieving veteran students.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - Find out if you qualify for funding from the VA in addition to your standard financial aid award.
There are many opportunities for CSUF student to study away or study abroad and continue to receive financial aid. These opportunities vary in cost and the type of financial aid you may be eligible can vary as well. Click here to learn more about financial aid for study abroad.
Year Round Students
There are several CSUF programs that require year round enrollment, students in these programs will have adjusted financial aid eligibility. Click here to learn more financial aid for year round programs.