Peer Ambassador Committee (PAC)
We are excited that you are interested in PAC! The Peer Ambassador Committee is a group of volunteer student leaders who help first-year students transition to college. As a PAC member, you will serve as a student leader and collaborate with Freshman Programs staff, faculty, and students to represent Cal State Fullerton and Freshman Programs. You will have the opportunity to meet prospective students and parents at various outreach and welcome events plus receive on-going Academic Coaching from Freshman Programs staff!
As a Freshman Programs PAC member you will gain valuable skills that will help build your resume. Some of the benefits you will gain from this experience include:
- Student Leadership Institute (SLI) credit for Leadership workshops
- Public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a diverse team
- Networking opportunities
- Training on CSUF programs and services
- Recognition for volunteer hours
- Desire to serve the University community (students, staff, faculty, and visitors)
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for Cal State Fullerton
- Must be in good academic standing
- Ability to commit 5-10 hours per academic year. May commit more hours if desired
- Must be current Freshman Programs student, alumni, or former peer mentor
- Must have availability to attend mandatory training session (dates to be announced)
- Must have the ability to meet once a month (dates to be announced)
- Academic field trips
- Represent Cal State Fullerton and Freshman Programs at Welcome to Cal State Fullerton Day
- Participate in the Freshman Programs New Student Programs Orientation
- Participate in the Freshman Programs Convocation in the fall semester
- Various Freshman Programs and FPSA events
- And more!
Interested in Applying?
Applications will be available in early Fall 2013.
For additional questions, you may contact Connie Moreno via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (657) 278-3709.