First Year Experience Spring 2018 Activities
Chill and Chat
This once-a-month discussion group will allow students a safe environment to discuss various topics, build community, and get to know other first-year students. Some topics that could be discussed include: stepping out of comfort zones, making social connections, and dealing with family obligations.
- Tuesday, Feb. 6 from 12-2 p.m.
- Thursday, March 8 from 1-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 10 from 1-2 p.m.
- Thursday, May 3, from 1-2 p.m.
Student Success Workshops
- Culture Clash: An Introduction to Acculturation Tuesday, Feb. 27 from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Goal Setting Tuesday, March 13 from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Being Silly for Self-Care Wednesday, March 28 from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Attitude of Gratitude Wednesday, April 11 from 1-2 p.m.
- 10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation Wednesday, April 25 from 1-2 p.m.
Titan Wellness Workshops
- Titan Up the Party Thursday, Feb. 22
- Healthy Eating on a Budget Thursday, March 15
- Everybody's Doin' It: The Lowdown on Getting Down Tuesday, April 17
- Self-Care Thursday, April 26