Thesis and Dissertation
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about the submission process.
|Submit thesis or dissertation
to Graduate Studies
August 3, 2020
November 20, 2020
April 23, 2021
July 9, 2021
*All dates subject to change based on changes in university calendar
- Upon enrollment in 598, download and read the Thesis Manual and Thesis Template thoroughly. They include everything you need to know about submission and formatting.
- Early in your final semester, format your work to the best of your ability, following all guidelines set out in the Thesis Manual and Thesis Template. Optionally, request a preliminary reading by contacting the University Thesis/ Dissertation Reader.
- Schedule your defense with your committee at least two weeks prior to the deadline.
- Create an account on ProQuest , which will publish and bind your paper.
- After your defense, complete the CSUF Thesis/Dissertation Submission Form (log in using your CSUF email), which includes uploading your final committee-approved paper. Upon completing this form, a Verification Form will be emailed to your committee for signatures. The Submission Form may only be completed once and must be submitted by the appropriate deadline.
- After you complete your Submission Form and your committee signs the Verification Form, the Office of Graduate Studies will alert you via your student email that your paper has been accepted.
- The Reader will read your paper and contact you via your student email with either approval or revision instructions.
- Work with the Reader to revise your paper. Once it reaches all university requirements and the student approves, the Reader will upload the final version to ProQuest for publication and binding.
The University Thesis/Dissertation Reader, Eliot Cossaboom (firstname.lastname@example.org ), is available to answer any questions not found on this site by email or during Open Reading Hours, which are held every Monday from 6:00-7:00 PM via Zoom (log in using your CSUF email).
Thesis writing workshops are offered every semester and highly recommended for anyone writing a thesis. Please check upcoming workshops offered for graduate students .
Graduate Success Consultants
If you need writing support, take advantage of the services provided by the Graduate Success Consultants . One-on-one appointments are available.