Applying to CSUF


All applicants for any type of post-baccalaureate or graduate standing (e.g., joint Ph.D. and Ed.D. applicants, master's degree applicants, those seeking credentials, and those interested in taking courses for personal or professional growth) must file a complete application within the appropriate filing period. Applicants considering admission to more than one CSU campus must submit a separate application (including fee) to each campus.

Please note CSU Fullerton does not accept second bachelor's degree applicants with the exception to Nursing. Applicants who completed undergraduate degree requirements and wish to continue post baccalaureate or graduate study are required to complete and submit a Graduate and Post-Baccalaureate application and the nonrefundable application fee.

Application LinkOpens in new window  

Instructions for completing the application forms are included online. Since some programs require the completion of an additional form as part of the application process, students should inquire about this possibility with the program department office for the program they are applying to. Please refer to program contact informationOpens in new window .


The application period for fall admission opens the previous October 1; applications for spring admission are accepted beginning the previous August 1. In most cases, applications need to be postmarked no later than March 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester. However, deadlines may vary for individual programs based upon program cycles and capacities. Check the website of the specific program of interest for current information. List of degree programs and their website information.


All graduate and post baccalaureate applicants can find details of their application status by logging into their student portal and viewing their application status. To check your application status, follow the instructions on Checking Application StatusOpens in new window .


Official transcripts in sealed envelopes are required from each college or university previously attended. Transcripts that include course work from other than the issuing institution are not sufficient evidence of course work taken elsewhere. Students should arrange to have official transcripts sent at the same time applications are submitted. Transcripts should be sent directly to the university Admissions and Records OfficeOpens in new window . Additionally, some programs may require seperate copies of transcripts sent directly to their department.

Please inquire about this possibility with the program department. Students who receive their baccalaureate degree at Cal State Fullerton and attend elsewhere subsequent to graduation, or continuing graduate students who change their declared objective subsequent to admission, must obtain whatever additional transcripts are needed to provide a complete set of transcripts. Cal State Fullerton alumni do not need to request Cal State Fullerton transcripts.

All transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institutions and become official records of the university; such transcripts therefore cannot be returned or reissued. Foreign language transcripts must be accompanied by certified English translations. See instructions on sending transcriptsOpens in new window .


The Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or another test, may be required for conditionally classified admission, or subsequently for the granting of classified standing. Test requirements vary from department to department. Students should refer to master's degree requirements outlined in the academic department section of this CatalogOpens in new window . Applications and information on test dates for nationally administered tests (e.g., GRE, GMAT) are available in Testing ServicesOpens in new window , University Hall 229, email


All graduate and post-baccalaureate applicants, regardless of citizenship, whose native language is not English and/or whose preparatory education was completed in a foreign country (even if instruction was in English), must demonstrate competence in English.

Those who possess a bachelor's degree from a postsecondary institution outside the United States must receive a minimum score of 550 (paper) or 80 (Internet-based text, iBT) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).

Computer-based TOEFL scores are not accepted. Certain master's degree programs require higher TOEFL scores than the university's minimum; contact the degree program of interest for their requirements.

For specific information about its availability and scoring system, please consult the Educational Testing Service website at www.ets.orgOpens in new window .

For IELTS language test, a minimally acceptable score for graduate applicants is a 6.5 for most masters programs, and a 7.0 for the Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Music, and TESOL programs.