Student Worker (Receptionist/Administrative Assistant)
The Office of Graduate Studies is looking for a Student Worker to work in the front office and serve as a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will be responsible for being the first point of contact for all guests contacting Graduate Studies and in-person guests for Academic Programs & Enrollment. Other administrative duties may be assigned, as needed.
The student applying for this position needs to be highly responsible, dependable, well-mannered, and responsive to the needs of students, staff, and faculty. The student should also have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- CSUF student in any discipline/major. Undergraduate and graduate students welcome to apply
- Must be in good academic standing and preferably expect to graduate no earlier than Spring 2022
- Excellent communication skills and strong phone etiquette
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Work Study students encouraged to apply
- Greets in-person visitors for Academic Programs & Enrollment as the first point of contact for in-person guests
- Answers questions via telephone, email, and in-person pertaining to student or faculty concerns and policies and direct inquiries appropriately
- As needed administrative tasks (forms processing, mass mailings, and copying)
- Other tasks as assigned
- 10-20 hours per week during regular semester with possible summer employment
- Student should be available to work several days per week, Monday through Friday within normal business hours (8am-5pm). Actual days and hours will be determined every semester, per mutual agreement
- Target start date: September 2021 or as soon as possible
Student Worker Application
In order to be eligible, applicants must be enrolled in a CSUF degree program and be in good academic standing. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
In your materials, please include the following information: name, CWID, CSUF email address, degree program, cumulative GPA, expected date of graduation, name/email of one faculty recommender, expected availability to work in the Fall 2021 semester.