Honors Requirements: Sophomores
Students in the University Honors Program should consult regularly with the director.
- Sophomores should prioritize completing Honors 101A and 101B if GE categories A.1 and A.3 were not completed the freshman year.
- Take at least two 200-level courses according to YOUR catalog year and specific needs.
- You should NOT take a course where you have been granted AP credit. If you have AP credit for American Government, you should take POSC 300.
- 200-Level Choices:
- Honors 210A World Civilizations & Cultures
- Honors 210B World Civilizations
- Honors 201A American Institutions and Values
- Honors 201B American Government
- Contact Pérez if you have questions about requirements, AP credit or which courses to take.
- Sophomores who have completed all 200-level courses may consider 300-level seminars. Part of your 24 units of Honors coursework must be fulfilled by an upper-division seminar (301T, 302T, 303T, 304T, 305, 306 )
- Sophomores should have a minimum 4cumulative GPA by the end of the academic year
- You do NOT need to take an Honors course every semester as long as you are progressing towards completing 24 units of Honors courses by the time you graduate.