Honors Requirements: Sophomores
Students in the University Honors Program should consult regularly with the director.
GE C4, D2, D3, and D4 Courses
- No AP credit
- GE can be fulfilled with two Honors courses and two non-Honors courses, any combination
- AP credit for World Civilizations (GE section C.4)
- Take Honors 201A to satisfy GE section D.2 and Honors 201B to satisfy GE D.4.
- AP credit for U.S. History (GE section D.3)
- Take two Honors course and one non-Honors course for GE sections C.4, D.2, and D.4. (any combination)
- AP credit for Government (GE section D.4)
- Take two Honors courses and one non-Honors course for GE sections C.4, D.2, and D.3. (any combination)
- Honors 201B can be taken for credit instead of Political Science 300
- AP credit for U.S. History (GE section D.3) and Government (GE section D.4)
- Contact Dr. Pérez if you have AP credit in all four GE areas.
- Part of your 24 units of Honors coursework must be fulfilled by an upper-division seminar (301T, 302T, 303T, 304T, 305, 306 )
- Retention GPA Requirements
- End of First Year: 3.25 cumulative GPA
- End of Second Year: 3.4 cumulative GPA
- End of Third Year: 3.5 cumulative GPA
- You do NOT need to take an Honors course every semester as long as you are progressing towards completing 24 units of Honors courses by the time you graduate.