Web Identity Best Practices
As with all other publications, the university identity must maintain its integrity in order to ensure a strong, consistent presence on the web. The following guidelines are set specifically for webpages and they should be considered in conjunction with the guidelines set forth in the Visual Identity and Graphic Standards Manual.
Guidelines for Using the University Logo:
- The university logo should be positioned at the bottom left corner of all webpages. [ View example ]
- An approved extension logo treatment may be used as an alternative positioned at the bottom left corner of a webpage.
- Use the web identity header available on this website as the top header on all webpages as a means to link back to the university homepage and to consistently brand the webpage as part of the university.
- The same guidelines found in the Visual Identity and Graphic Standards Manual apply to the web as well.
- The downloadable files available on this website are already preset at the minimum dimension size to be positioned at the bottom left corner of all web pages. Do not alter the size the logos for other uses.
- Do not use the CSUF emblem as a substitute for the university logo.
- Do not use any image of a tree or elephant as a substitute for the university identity.
- Do not use the university logo as a decorative element such as tiling background.
- Do not tilt or rotate the logo in any angle.
- Do not invert the logo as demonstrated below. Refer to the official reversed version of the logo available for download on this website.