International students on F-1 and J-1 visas have to abide by certain rules and restrictions regarding employment while they are enrolled for classes in their degree program. Please read through the following sections carefully and consult with an International Student Advisor if you have any questions or concerns.
These are the basic rules and regulations that international students need to know regarding employment:
- International students are limited to working a maximum of 20 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters.
- International students can work up to a maximum of 40 hours per week during the summer and winter breaks.
- International students are limited to working only on campus at Cal State Fullerton.
- International students must be in F-1 or J-1 status for at least one academic year before they can apply for off-campus work permit.
- International students with F-1 status can apply to work off campus (eligibility criteria varies depending on type of work permit).
International students are limited to working a maximum of 20 hours per week on campus during the fall and spring semesters, and 40 hours per week during the summer and winter breaks. There are numerous locations you could work at, including offices, food court, library, bookstore, etc. (Marriott Hotel is not considered on-campus).ON & OFF-CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT (F-1 students)
ON & OFF-CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT (J-1 students)
Contact Information: +1 (657) 278-2787 +1 (657) 278-7292 firstname.lastname@example.org