Your browser does not support javascript execution. Please enable the javascript for a better view.

California State University, Fullerton

Visa & Travel

Visa Information

Transfer Information

Travel Information

We encourage all international students to carefully follow all guidelines and advice regarding travel. Also, please check the Public Announcements, Travel Warnings and Consular Information Sheets from the U.S. Department of State.

Documents Needed for Travel Outside the United States
Valid Passport
Valid F1 or J1 Visa
Valid SEVIS Document:
      F1 Visa Students: Form I-20 with valid travel signature travel signature
      J1 Visa Students: Form DS-2019 with valid travel signature travel signature

Note: J-1 students with a sponsor other than Cal State Fullerton should plan in advance to mail their SEVIS Form to their Program Sponsor for a travel signature. If your visa is expired, you will need to renew it at a US Embassy or Consulate abroad.

If you wish to travel or make a short trip outside of the U.S. (even if it's to Mexico or Canada), make sure you plan ahead. Please read the following travel guidelines that apply to you very carefully. It will save you hours of anxiety and nervousness at the embassy, at the airport or at the border.

Revised — January 2013