3-Day Temporary Housing *** No longer accepting applications for Fall 2013 ***
Cal State Fullerton does not have a home-stay program. However, thanks to the generosity and goodwill of friends in our university community, a limited number of students will have the opportunity to stay in the home of a family in the Fullerton area for 2 or 3 nights while searching for a permanent place to live.
This program is only available to new students coming in for the Fall semester.We only accept a limited number of students on a first-come first-serve basis for this program. Application must be received at least 3 weeks prior to student's arrival date. Therefore, fill out the form below and submit it to us at your earliest convenience.
Please be sure to provide your arrival date before submitting this form (Note: Your request will not be processed without an arrival date). If you arrive after 10:00 p.m. (22:00), please plan on making a reservation at the Fullerton Marriott Hotel for your first night. This hotel is located on the university campus. Please contact the hotel directly for rates and reservations. Advanced reservations are required - please call Fullerton Marriott Hotel to make your reservation. Tell them you are a student from Cal State Fullerton. Shuttle service is available through Super Shuttle.
When we receive the above information, we will either fax or e-mail a reply to you with the name and telephone contact of the family that will be hosting you. Please follow these instructions very carefully after you receive this information from us:
- Call your temporary host family by telephone after you arrive at the Fullerton Marriott Hotel (the family will meet you there).
- If you change your plans, notify this office and your host family immediately by email or phone. This is very important because host families are providing a special courtesy to international students by offering their home to you. They will be very disappointed and worried if you do not arrive as expected.
- Super Shuttle: Shuttle service is available through Super Shuttle. For reservations, please call 1-800-BLUE-VAN (1-800-258-3826).
- Please check with the hotel, motel, or the youth hostel to see if there might be shuttle service from the airport to the hotel or from the hotel to Cal State Fullerton.
There are many hotels and motels in the Fullerton area that you can check-in to temporarily. Motels are generally less expensive than hotels. Here are some suggestions:
|Fullerton Marriott||Holiday Inn||Motel 6||Youth Hostel||Akua Motor Inn|
|Address||2701 E. Nutwood Fullerton,CA 92831||2932 East Nutwood Ave.Fullerton, CA 92831||1440 N. State College,Anaheim, CA 92806||1700 N Harbor Blvd,Fullerton, CA 92835||1018 E Orangethorpe Ave,Anaheim, CA 92806|
|Distance to School||Walking||Walking||10-15 minutes by bus||20-30 minutes by bus||25-35 minutes by bus|
|Availability||All year||All year||All year||June 11- September 16||All year|
- * Prices change frequently. Please call for current prices..
Revised — June 2013