Cross-Cultural Contacts (CCC) is an innovative program designed to create a community of primarily international and global-minded CSUF students. The VIPs participating in CCC serve as contacts and/or cultural liaisons to newly-admitted international students and CSUF students who are considering studying abroad.
The Office of International Programs will facilitate meetings and suggest activities for VIPs and their contacts such as the International Coffeebreaks and Cross-Cultural Conversation. VIPs are strongly encouraged to organize their own outings with their contacts.
- To ease the transition of newly-admitted international students
- To create more opportunities for cross-cultural interaction among CSUF students
- To establish and maintain a supportive network among international and global-minded students
The CCC Program commitment is for one semester and renewable at the end of each term. VIPs may continue their commitment under the CCC Program beyond the first term. The success of a CCC experience requires commitment from both the VIPs and their Contacts.
- Attend a CCC orientation meeting (Date/time will be announced via email)
- Meet in person with your Contact(s) at least three times during the semester
- Maintain a 2.00 GPA (semester and cumulative)
- Attend VIP meetings (held at least twice during the semester)
- Attend Office of International Programs sponsored events (Please check the calendar and announcements for upcoming events)
Please keep your phone number and email updated by informing the International Programs office immediately of any changes.
By selecting to participate in the Cross-Cultural Contacts Program, you are allowing the Office of International Programs to give your contact information to the newly admitted international students and/or CSUF student interested in studying abroad. Your contact information will be used only for the purpose of their program. For more information, please call 657-278-2787 or send an email to email@example.com.
Revised — February 2013