VIP Orientation Leader
As a VIP Orientation Leader, you are an essential part of the International Office's Welcome Team, providing a warm welcome and needed assistance to newly arrived international students.
What are VIP Orientation Leaders' responsibilities?
During the weeks before classes begin, VIP Orientation Leaders assist with checking in new international students and assist with the orientation seminars and activities. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Welcome and meet with new international students, providing one-on-one assistance with their initial questions and needs during Check-in Periods
- Lead campus tours
- Check-in international students
- Guiding new students through Titan Online system and Student Portal
- Assisting the International Office in completing new students' files (e.g. making copies of passport and other immigration documents, etc.)
What is the Commitment to Volunteering?
- All volunteers must attend a required Volunteer International Peers (VIP) training which will cover intercultural communication skills, some basic immigration-related information, and FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
- Volunteers are expected to work at least 4 hours/day during Check-In periods.
- Spring International Orientation: Check-In Periods are in January & March
- Fall International Orientation: Check-In Periods are in August & October
- Volunteers are expected to work at the seminars and other orientation activities.
Revised — November 2015