The Volunteer International Peer program is designed for CSUF students who want to assist international students with their continual transition to the CSUF campus and community. VIPs will have the opportunity to enhance their leadership and cross-cultural communication skills, while developing friendships with international students who share either the same cultural background or educational goals.
What are the benefits of being a Volunteer International Peer?
- Having fun learning about other cultures
- Enriching your CSUF experience as well as international students' experience
- Creating friendships with students from around the world
- Enhancing your leadership & cross-cultural communication skills
Below are the basic criteria for becoming a VIP. However, depending on the types of program you choose to participate, additional criteria may be required:
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Enjoys working in a diverse and multicultural environment
- 2.0 Minimum GPA
- Good academic standing (not on academic/administrative probation)
- Currently enrolled at CSUF
How can I be involved?
If you are interested in volunteering for international orientation or any of our international programs and events throughout the year, then select the VIP Program that interests you:
|Orientation Leader Program||Be a member of the welcome team to meet and assist newly admitted international students during the International Student Orientation Program in Fall and/or Spring.
|International Peer Contacts Program||Serve as contacts or peer mentor to newly-admitted international students.
At this time, International Peer Contacts applications are not being accepted.
|Intercultural Intern||As a student intern willing to learn about the field of international student services and assist the International Students & Scholars Office on various projects. This opportunity is available for academic credit and is unpaid. At this time, intern positions are not available.|
Revised — March 2016