The Volunteer International Peer program is designed to assist international students with their continual transition to the CSUF campus and community. VIPs will have the opportunity to enhance their leadership and cross-cultural communication skills, while developing friendships with students who share either the same cultural background or educational goals.
What are my benefits?
- Having fun learning about other cultures
- Enriching your CSUF experience as well as international students' experience
- Creating friendships with students from around the world
- Enhancing your leadership & cross-cultural communication skills
Below are the basic criteria for becoming a VIP. However, depending on the types of program you choose to participate, additional criteria may be required:
- 2.0 Minimum GPA
- Good academic standing (not on academic/administrative probation)
- Currently enrolled at CSUF
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Enjoys working in a diverse and multicultural environment
How can I be involved?
|Orientation Leader Program||Be a member of the welcome team to meet and assist newly admitted international students during the International Student Orientation Program.|
|Cross-Cultural Contact Program||Serve as contacts and/or cultural liaisons to newly-admitted international students and CSUF students who are considering studying abroad|
|Intercultural Intern||As a student intern willing to learn about the field of international student services and assist the IEE office on various projects. This opportunity is available for academic credit and is unpaid.|
Revised — March 2013