IRVC Student Networking Program
The Irvine Campus Career Center has partnered with The Irvine Chamber of Commerce to provide currently enrolled CSUF students the opportunity to attend select chamber events free of charge!
How to Register?
(Yes, you MUST register! Due to the nature of the event, walk-ins are not accepted)
- Email Andreana Pettersen, IRVC Career Advisor, at Apettersen@fullerton.edu at least 48 hours prior to the event. In the email, tell Andreana your name, CWID, and event date you wish to attend.
- Sign and submit CSUF’s Student Code of Conduct and CSUF’s Release of Liability BEFORE attending the event. These two forms must be signed and submitted in order to register. You can submit both forms by dropping them off at the Irvine Career Center (room 146) or by emailing them to Andreana Pettersen 48 hours prior to the event. Both Forms can be found in the IRVC Career Center or on the website at fullerton.edu/irvinecampus/career
What Events Can I Attend?
Evening Business Exchange ǀ October 5th, 2017 ǀ 4:00pm-6:00pm ǀCourtyard by Marriott, 36 Executive Park, Irvine, CA
Emerging Professionals After Hours Mixer ǀ October 10, 2017 ǀ 5:30pm-7:30pm ǀll Fornaio Restaurant, 18051 Von Karman Ave, Irvine, CA
- It could lead to employment! In today’s digital age, meeting potential employers face-to-face is golden!
- It’s a great way to learn about trends within your field!
- It lets you tap into the “hidden network”—the many jobs that are never advertised. An employer who is not hiring today may be looking for someone like you tomorrow.
- Get practice developing your networking skills! Meeting new people isn’t easy for everyone, but practice helps. Remember everyone in attendance is there to meet new people!
- Professional attire is required
- Bring copies of your resume! The opportunity to present it may arise.
- If you register, you are committing to attend! Please show.
- Remember you are representing students at CSUF. Always follow CSUF’s Student Code of Conduct.
- Please do not contact the Irvine Chamber of Commerce directly. If you have any questions, please contact Andreana Pettersen, IRVC Career Advisor, at Apettersen@fullerton.edu or (657) 278-1614