Irvine Campus Career Center
The IRVC Career Center is here to assist you along your path to career readiness! The Career Center offers the following services to currently enrolled CSUF students and recent alumni (less than one-year post graduation):
Make an Appointment For:
Resume Review- Students should bring a hard copy of their most current resume. Have you never created a resume before? That's ok! (30 minutes)
LinkedIn Assistance- This appointment will provide guidance on how to create a strong LinkedIn profile, networking tips, and general online etiquette. (30 minutes)
Cover Letter Review - Students should bring a hard copy of a written cover letter. Have you never created a cover letter before? That's ok! (30 minutes)
Career Exploration- Are you thinking of changing your major? Is your career path unclear? Are you struggling with career-related decisions? Make an appoitment for a career exploration counseling sesssion! (1 Hour)
Mock Interview- Preparing for a specific job? Students must email Andreana Pettersen with the position description at least 24 hours before the appointment. Need general practice? Email Andreana Pettersen at least 24 hours before the appointment with the types of positions you might apply for in the future (Accounting, Marketing, Social Work, etc.) (1 Hour)
Job & Internship Search Assistance
- This appointment covers general internship requirments, internship search and selection, and job search tips and advisement. (30 minutes)
Appointment Availability Walk-in Availability Monday: 9:00am-12:30pm & 3:00pm-5:30pm Tuesday: 9:00am-12:30pm Tuesday: 3:00pm-5:30pm Wednesday: 9:00am-12:30pm Wednesday: 3:00pm-5:30pm Thursday: 9:00am-12:30pm & 3:00pm-5:30pm Friday: 9:30am-12:30pm
Limitations and Restrictions
- The IRVC Career Center serves only current CSUF students and alumni less than one year post-graduation.
- Students are limited to 7 appointments per academic semester. Any appointments beyond the 7th must be pre-approved by the IRVC Career Advisor.
- Services can be suspended or revoked due to excessive no-shows and cancellations.
- Walk-in appointments are subject to availability.