Dr. Paula Hudson, Chemistry AND BIOCHEMISTRY
Postdoctoral, University of Iowa, 2005-2007 Postdoctoral, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Boulder, CO, 2001-2005
Ph.D., Atmospheric/Physical Chemistry, University of Colorado, Boulder, 2001
B.A., Environmental Chemistry, University of California, San Diego, 1995
We are interested in understanding the climate effects of aerosols that are naturally present in the atmosphere such as sea salt and biomass burning particles. We further want to study how the properties of these aerosols change after reacting with anthropogenic (man-made) pollutants to better understand the human effect on global climate change.
- "Infrared Extinction and Size Distribution Measurements of Mineral Dust Aerosol." P. K. Hudson, M. A. Young, P. D. Kleiber, and V. H. Grassian, in Fundamentals and Applications of Aerosol Spectroscopy, Ed. J. P. Ried and R. Signorell, CRC Press, 2010.
- "T-Matrix Studies of Aerosol Particle Shape Effects on IR Resonance Spectral Line Profiles and Comparison with Experiment. " P. D. Kleiber, V. H. Grassian, M. A. Young, and P. K. Hudson, Journal of Geophysical Research, 2009, 114, D21209, doi: 10.1029/2009JD012710.
- "Coupled Infrared Extinction and Size Distribution Measurements of Several Non-Clay Components of Mineral Dust Aerosol (Quartz, Calcite, and Dolomite)." P. K. Hudson, M. A. Young, P. D. Kleiber and V. H. Grassian, Atmospheric Environment, 2008, 42, 5991-5999.
- "Generation of Internally Mixed Insoluble and Soluble Aerosol Particles to Investigate the Impact of Heterogeneous Processing in the Atmosphere." E. R. Gibson, K. M. Gierlus, P. K. Hudson and V. H. Grassian, Aerosol Science and Technology, 2007, 41, 914 - 924.
- "A Spectroscopic Study of Atmospherically Relevant Concentrated Aqueous Nitrate Aerosols." P. K. Hudson, J. Schwarz, J. Baltrusaitis, E. R. Gibson and V. H. Grassian, Journal of Physical Chemistry A Letters, 2007, 111, 544 – 548.
- "Biomass burning particle measurements: characteristic composition and chemical processing." P. K. Hudson, D. M. Murphy, D. J. Cziczo, D. S. Thomson, J. A. de Gouw, C. Warneke, J. S. Holloway, H.-J. Jost and G. Hübler, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 2004, 109, D23S27, doi:10.1029/2003JD004398.