Dr. Charles H. Lee, Mathematics
Professor, Department of Mathematics, California State University Fullerton
Ph.D., Applied Mathematics, University of California Irvine
NSF Industrial Postdoctoral Fellowship, Center for Research in Scientific Computation, North Carolina State University
His research has been Computational Applied Mathematics with emphases in Control, Fluid Dynamics, Smart Material Structures and Telecommunications and Biomedical Engineering. He has published over 45 professionally refereed papers in Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering, and Bio-Medical Engineering.
1. Carlyn-Ann B. Lee, Charles H. Lee, "Extended Principal Orthogonal Decomposition Method for Cancer Screening," International Journal of Bioscience, Biochemistry and Bioinformatics 2(2), 136-141 (2012).
2. Charles H. Lee; Kar-Ming Cheung; "Mixed integer programming & heuristic scheduling for space communication networks," Aerospace Conference, 2012 IEEE , vol., no., pp.1-10, 3-10 March 2012.
3. Edwards, C.D.; Arnold, B.W.; Bell, D.J.; Bruvold, K.N.; Gladden, R.E.; Ilott, P.A.; Lee, C.H.; , "Relay support for the Mars Science Laboratory and the coming decade of Mars relay network evolution," Aerospace Conference, 2012 IEEE , vol., no., pp.1-11, 3-10 March 2012.
4. Lee, Carlyn B., Lee, Charles. Efficacy of the Extended Principal Orthogonal Decomposition Method on DNA Microarray Data in Cancer Detection, 4th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Technology, Feb 2012.
5. C.H. Lee, K.M. Cheung, C. Ho, “A Unified Low-Elevation-Angle Scintillation Model,” Interplanetary Network Directorate Report, 42-185, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA, 1-13, (2011).
6. S. Shambayati, S., C.H. Lee, D.D. Morabito, R.J. Cesarone, D.S. Abraham, “Emergency communications for NASA's deep space missions,” IEEE Aerospace Engineering (2011).
7. K. Cheung, C. Ho, A. Kantak, C. H. Lee, R. Tye, E. Richards, C. Sham, A. Schlesinger, B. Barritt, “Wallops’ Low Elevation Link Analysis for the Constellation Launch/Ascent Links,” IEEE Aerospace Engineering (2011).
8. Charles H. Lee and Kristy Tran, "Adaptive Algorithms in Maximizing the Overall Stock Return," Journal of Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, 33(2), 81-95 (2010).
Grants & Special Projects
- 2010 NASA Award for Contribution to the Lunar Constellation Program.
- 2005 JPL-Interplanetary Network Directorate Award on Mars Relay Telecom Analysis.
- 2005 Certificate of Service Appreciation, IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference.
- 2005 University Service Award, California State University Fullerton.
- 2004 Early Tenure – Early Promotion Award, California State University Fullerton
- 2004 Outstanding Contribution to Students Award, California State University Fullerton
- 2004 JPL-Interplanetary Network Directorate Award on Mars Relay Network Planning Tool.
- 2003 Outstanding University Service Award, California State University Fullerton
- 2002 Outstanding Paper Award, International Congress Biological Medical Engineering
- 2002 Outstanding Untenured Faculty Award, Natural Sciences and Mathematics, CSUF
- Recent student awards include:
- 2012 Carlyn-Anne Lee, CSUPERB travel grant
- 2012 Justin Tolentino, Academic Achievement Award, Mathematics, NSM, CSUF
- 2009 Lynette Zamora, Faculty-Student Research/Creative Activity Grant, FDC