Incoming (Fall 2023) TRANSFER & FRESHMAN students CONGRATS! The NSM Success Team will be in touch to help you with advising and planning in the summer after the semester has ended.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When do classes start? Most classes will start Monday, August 22, 2022. The Academic Calendar lists the holidays, campus closures, and final exam days.
2. When do I have to sign up for classes? The Student Registration Calendar lists the dates and deadlines for class registration. The last day to register without a late fee is Friday, August 19, 2022.
3. What are my fees and when do I have to pay them? Check your student homepage. Student Business Services posts this information. Click Here to See Fall 2022 Payments can be made on your student center account. If you have additional questions about payments, you can contact Student Business Services here (they also have a Live Chat): https://sbs.fullerton.edu
4. Will my Financial Aid cover my Tuition? Please check your account due balance to see if your financial aid accepted will cover the balance due. If so, you will have hold on your account from Financial Aid indicating to Student Business Services that you have enough aid and that will prevent you from being dropped for non-payment. Please read hold carefully and double check accounts on Titan Online.
5. When will my Financial Aid be disbursed? The Office of Financial Aid works in conjunction with Student Business Services
to pay accepted financial aid awards to students. These payment are called "disbursement" and begins the week before classes start each semester. Learn more at https://www.fullerton.edu/financialaid/apply/disbursment.php
6. How do I get my Financial Aid refund after disbursement? You can sign up for Direct Deposit through Student Business Services. Any payments due or refunds goes through SBS. More info here: https://www.fullerton.edu/financialaid/general/disbursement.php.
7. How do I know if CSUF received my transcripts or AP scores? Transcripts and test scores can take several weeks to process. Once that information is updated, it will populate on your Titan Degree Audit (TDA).
8. Why do I have a Written Comm Placement and Math/QR Hold? These are informational holds and will not prevent you from registering for classes. All students will need to complete their GE Area A.1 (Oral Communication), A.2 (Written communication) and B.4 (Math) courses within their first year.
9. Who do I contact if I have questions about living on-campus? email@example.com https://www.fullerton.edu/housing/contact_us/index.php
10. Is there someone I can speak to about enrolling for classes or if I have other questions?
- Freshmen - Abe Roldan NSM Retention Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transfer students - Natalie Mir NSM College Advisor - email@example.com.
NSM New Student Info and Checklist: http://www.fullerton.edu/nsm/new_student/index.php