Department of Biological Science - First Time Freshman Advising
We are happy you’ve chosen to join the community of student/scholars that make up Cal State Fullerton and the Department of Biological Science. Biology is a great major for students interested in wide variety of career options including teaching, research, conservation, and health-related fields.
1) Online Orientation and General Education Advising will begin on June 1, 2022.
2) In Person Orientation and General Education Advising will begin on June 23, 2022
You are required to complete several online modules for Orientation and General Education (GE) Advising. These modules will be available starting on June 1.
Click HERE to go to the Orientation webpage for First-Time Freshmen to get started.
Please Note: Our College and Department will also provide advice on your GE courses (especially in your first semester) because a typical schedule for a major in the College of NSM is different from that of a major in another discipline. COMPLETE THESE MODULES ASAP!
Registration for Fall 2022 courses will begin on June 23, 2022.
The time and date that your account will be activated to register will be available on your student portal.
The Biology Department is providing several virtual resources to help you plan your fall class schedule.
- First-time Freshmen Orientation Information packet (PDF) . – This overview of the department and the major includes helpful links to tutorials and programs.
- Fall 2022 BIOL Major Course Decision Guide (https://forms.gle/QkJEcWx8WM9SCgcS8). Answer the questions in this guide to get suggestions for the BIOL and MATH courses that are right for you.
- BIOL Advising Live Help – Help sessions will run on Tuesday evenings from 7-8pm and Wednesday afternoons from 3-4pm starting June 14th and ending July 20th. Zoom ID 86839978712 (Passcode BIOL). A faculty member will be available to answer your questions during these open Zoom meetings.
- BIOLadvising email support – You can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org to get assistance. Please allow at least 24 hours for a response.
You can begin to build your Fall 2022 schedule prior to registration.
Be aware that class sections can fill so you will need to be flexible in your scheduling of classes!
The NSM Success Team will be offering workshops on registration and other important topics. Watch for more information and don’t hesitate to reach out to your student success team via email (email@example.com) to help you if you encounter any issues.