Project RAISE, a regional alliance in STEM education, is a Department of Education Title III HSI-STEM grant awarded to CSUF beginning October 1, 2016. Project RAISE integrates a variety of services and project components to increase the number of Hispanic and low-income STEM students and increase persistence, retention, and graduation rates among participants.
Students can engage in:
- Undergraduate Research Program (URE), an 8-week summer research experience guided by CSUF faculty
- RAISE Transfer Program (RTP), a peer advising and academic support program for students who transfer to CSUF
- Summer Internship Program (SIP), a summer internship program for RTP participants, in collaboration with the Orange County Business Council
Community college and campus partners:
- Participate in advisory board meetings three times a year to discuss grant objectives and activities
- Attend the annual STEM articulation conference to clarify transferring procedures
- Collaborate with Project RAISE staff to host workshops on community college campuses
Visit Project RAISE website for more information.