Quote of the Month
Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often ore important thatn the outcome.
- Arthur Ashe
The Journey Continues
We are halfway through the Fall 2020 semester, and it might have been challenging thus far. You are here for a reason, and you are not going though this alone. If you need some mid-semester motivation, click on the image below for a self-guided presentation with tips for success.
For additional support, please reach out to your OFYE Community
OFYE Student Leaders
Our team of leaders do the best to ensure the voices and needs of our OFYE students don't go unseen.
The knowledge and experiences acquired throughout our years in CSUF are utilized to support and provide guidance for our first-year students.
We collectively gather our knowledge of campus resources that would be beneficial for our OFYE Titans.
Meet the Team
Senior Student Leader
The Senior Student Leader is responsible for overseeing the foundation of the Student Leader Team.
- Carry and utlize the strengths and voices of Student Leaders
- Navigate and facilitate goal-oriented meetings
- Offer SLs the support for any professional, personal, or academic goals
Campus Partners Liasion
Yajaira & Monique
The Campus Partner Liasions serve as a valuable resource and link between OFYE and other departments across campus.
- Build and maintain strong relationshps with campus partners
- Provide insight for potential event/programming collaborationswithin the OFYE community
- Utilize marketing tools to promote CSUF opportunities, events and resources
Mentors & Mentees
Fatima & Gennie
The Student Leader Mentor is designed to help navigate/support incoming Student Leaders as they transition into higher positions within OFYE.
- Create a foundation for mentees to establish upon their own ambitions
- Present chanllenges for mentees that strengthen their overall growth and development
Ulises & Rachel
Student Leader Mentees work closely under the guidance of their mentos as tey transition into the OFYE team.
- Develop programs that align with the UNIV 100 curriculum
- Esablish and build upon personal and academic endeavors
Are you interested in becoming a Student Leader?
Stay tuned for opportunities to join our team!
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it turned into a butterfly."
Upcoming Campus Events!
Real Talk Wednesday
The Brotherhood Learning Community will be hosting the next Real Talk Wednesday, engaging our campus community in dialogue regarding civic engagement! Join your peers for some awesome dialogue. Zoom ID: 857-5836-4331
Chill & Chats
Your Student Success Fellows will be hosting Chill & Chat discussions as an opportunity for you to connect with your peers and support one another. Keep an eye out for more information via Instagram!
Real Talk Wednesday
Join the OFYE community for a discussion about identity, values, and understanding during the Real Talk Wednesday Community Dialogue Series on Wednesday, Oct. 21 from 4:30-6 PM