BSCR Program Curriculum
During the 7-month training at CSUF, students will complete many activities and courses. See the complete list on the Timeline tab.
BSCR Program Academic Benefits
Expertise in Stem Cell Research
Academic advancement and scholarly gains
Possibility of additional/stronger recommendation letters for the BSCR Scholar (intern)
Courses apply to B.S. in Biology (C&D, MBB)
BSCR Program Financial Support
- All of the summer 2023 courses, conference, and workshops are paid for by the BSCR program.
- Students are required to pay for their full-time enrollment during fall 2023 semester.
- It is highly recommended that you do not work during 2023 so that you can develop as a stem cell researcher.
- Tuition reimbursement of $3,500/semester during the internship: for Spring and Fall, 2024).
- Stipends of $3,000/month during the internship: from January to December, 2024; total: $36,000/year.
These benefits may impact your Financial Aid and Income Tax liability.
BSCR Program Selection
Successful students will have:
- Completed at least one of these courses: BIOL 302, BIOL 303, BIOL 309, CHEM 421 or CHEM 423
- Demonstrable interest in stem cell research (Application and Interview)
- Able to discuss scientific method and basic cell and molecular biology (Interview)
- Integration of stem cell research into your career goals is desired (Interview)
- Prior research experience is not needed!
- We do not use GPA for cut-offs
- PhD as a career goal is not a requirement