Your browser does not support javascript execution. Please enable the javascript for a better view.

California State University, Fullerton

Housing Abroad

When students study abroad, there are several types of accommodations that they might be available for students:

Residence Halls or Dorms Residence Halls are University owned housing for students that will be on or close to campus.
Home-Stay Home-stays are prescreened families who open their home to visiting study abroad students.
Apartments Apartments are independent student accommodations within a reasonable distance to the university.
Hotels Hotels are primarily used for short term and/or traveling programs where students are not in one spot for very long.

Each program will offer different housing options depending upon the city, country and university abroad. While some programs will set up accommodations for students, other programs will ask the student to set up their own housing. Each program will state if the student it responsible for finding their own accommodations or if it will be set up for them.

There is support staff available to help the student with signing the leasing contracts and other legal procedures for that country when students are asked to set up their own housing.