CPE Exemptions

To be exempt from the CPE, students must have completed Chemistry 115: Introduction to General Chemistry or its equivalent with a grade of C or higher.

If you have taken an equivalent chemistry course at another college, you must submit a copy of your transcript or course grade and a course description to the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry prior to enrolling in Chemistry 120A: General Chemistry.