Governmental Advocacy- Get Involved!
The Office of State Relations and Advocacy focuses efforts on advocating for Cal State Fullerton by collaborating with the other 22 CSU campuses, Chancellor’s office, and the Board of Trustees. By working together, this team supports bills and proposals that will have a positive impact for students on our campus.
How can you help?
Advocacy efforts are supported by Titan Advocates, a group of alumni, parents, and friends of Cal State Fullerton who support the university's mission to achieve academic excellence.
- Titan Advocates raise awareness about Cal State Fullerton by communicating with elected and appointed officials.
- Titan Advocates stay informed about important issues affecting the university through periodic newsletters, email updates and legislative briefings.
This group plays a critical role in Cal State Fullerton's government relations efforts by periodically calling, writing or meeting with elected officials. Titan Advocates have a direct and lasting impact on the university's future and hope that you will join in advocating on behalf of Cal State Fullerton.
To learn more or become a Titan Advocate, please visit http://www.fullerton.edu/advocacy/Index.html
Impact of Reinvestment
If just 2% more Californians earned associate degrees and 1% earned more earned Bachelor degrees:
- 174,000 new jobs would be created
- California’s economy would grow by $20 billion; and
- State and local tax revenue would increase by $1.2 billion a year
For every $1 California spends on higher education, it receives $3 in return.