All incoming freshman are required to attend orientation, and while it is not required, parents and guardians are encouraged to attend orientation to support their students. As a Titan Parent, we encourage you to become involved with the university and remain active in your student’s experience at CSUF. Attending Parent Orientation is a great first step in engaging yourself in the process. We know that the transition from high school to college can be exciting and challenging, and we are here to help you navigate through these new experiences. We also recognize that you still play an important role in your student’s success at Cal State Fullerton and want to share valuable resources with you at orientation.
There are many benefits to attending Parent Orientation, and we strongly encourage you to attend.
- You will learn important information such as university policies, academic expectations, university fees, student health, campus safety, academic services, and more. You will become much more informed and reassured after learning this valuable information.
- You will meet key contacts from various campus resources and departments. The parent oriented resource fair provides you the setting to interface and ask questions of campus contacts from the academic colleges, Dean of Students department, Financial Aid, Student Health & Counseling Center, Housing and Residence Life, and many more.
- You will have the opportunity to begin connecting with other Titan Parents who are experiencing similar feelings, challenges, and experiences. The relationships you build at orientation will continue to grow as you participate in events and activities through your student’s college career.
- You will send a message to your student that you are invested in their education and college experiences. Attending orientation will help create mutual conversation between you and your student as you have more information to discuss in a meaningful dialogue.
- Your one-time $30 Titan Parents Association membership fees are included in the Parent Orientation fees. This will give you access to further events, information, and support throughout your students time at CSUF.
Here is what other parents are saying about CSUF’s Parent Orientation:
"I enjoyed all the helpful tips that the student leaders suggested. The entire day was worth every second, I came home informed and excited for my student."
"I enjoyed hearing from the student prospective. The whole day is very helpful and informative...I wouldn't change a thing! This was my 2nd time through and I still found out things I didn't know before."
"Thank you for helping me understand the transitions my daughter and I will be going through. As a first-time parent to a college student this was the MOST helpful aspect of the day."
"I benefitted greatly from all presentations but found the "reception" to be the most valuable as it allowed for casual interaction between me and other parents as well as between university staff. I took advantage of the opportunity to speak with numerous presenters as well as the Dean of Students who was able to offer personalized guidance."
Feel free to access the 2012 Parent Orientation PowerPoint presentations by clicking on the links below. Presentations are also offered in Spanish, and all presentations are in PDF format.
Summer 2013 Parent Presentations
- CSUF 101: Overview of the University
- Academic Expectations
- Student Health and Safety
- Partnership for Student Success
- University Fees-Parents