- General Advising
- Academic Internships
- Computer Lab
- Laptop/Calculator Check-Out
- Peer Mentoring
- Printing Services
- Student Lounge
- Welcome Breakfast and Lunches
- Midterm and Finals “Energy Break”
- Branch birthday celebrations
Veterans Financial Assistance Program
Funded by Donahue Schriber and the Orange County Real Estate (OCRE) Veterans Initiative, the Veterans Financial Assistance Program supports students who exhausted or are near exhaustion of VA education benefits to assist their academic persistence and degree completion. This program supports student veterans and families of veterans on campus. This funding provides gap scholarships for veterans who have exhausted their GI Bill® benefits, emergency grants, and internship stipends. All three areas have an application and follow up process with the program coordinator. Approval is based on limited funding.
- OCRE Veterans Initiative Scholarship - Fifteen (15) student veterans are awarded $2800 each. The OCRE Veterans Initiative Scholarship enhances the Veterans Resource Center’s commitment to serving and supporting our student veterans’ educational goals. This scholarship is offered to support student veterans who have exhausted or will exhaust their VA educational benefits prior to the Fall 2018 semester, and who are near completion of their educational degree.
- Veterans' Success Scholarship - Two (2) student veterans are awarded $1000 each. The Veterans' Scholarship for Success was initiated by CSUF alumni veterans, and supported by campus and community donors. The scholarship is awarded to support students’ academic success.
- Maribel Ramos Memorial Scholarship for Family Members of Veterans – Two (2) students are awarded $500 each. Maribel was a CSUF student veteran and an active Student Veterans Association member who received her degree in Criminal Justice posthumously. In her memory, this scholarship was established in support of family members. Maribel was committed to her education and stressed the importance and value of education in her family. It is a great honor to remember her with this scholarship as we continue to expand our services that support family members of veterans.
Vets and Cadets Endowed Scholarship Award - Scholarship awards are open to new and continuing CSUF students who are pursuing an undergraduate or a graduate degree and are serving, or have honorably served, in any branch of the U.S. armed forces, including as a cadet in ROTC. Qualifying students will be considered, regardless of benefits received from the GI Bill. Application deadline is April 5th, 2020.
- VET NET Ally Seminar – The VET NET Ally Seminar allows faculty and staff to gain in-depth knowledge about the student veteran experience and ways to be supportive allies on campus. The awareness seminar is held twice a semester.
- Classroom Presentations – The VRC staff offer classroom presentations throughout the academic year upon request.
- Connection to on- and off-campus resource providers – The VRC staff provides military-connected students with resource referrals to on- and off-campus service providers.