President's Veterans Scholars Program
The President's Veterans Scholars Program at California State University, Fullerton offers much more than a scholarship. Our comprehensive, rigorous program shapes the lives of high-achieving students through outstanding experiences and opportunities in academics, leadership, service, and mentorship. President's Scholars make a difference and inspire others by becoming leaders and role models in their professions and their communities. They are embraced by a support system that encompasses the entire campus community.
- In-State California State University enrollment fees and all campus-based student fees
- A generous annual stipend for books and supplies
- A laptop computer for each scholar's personal use throughout the two-year program
- Priority registration for classes and priority consideration for on-campus housing
- Complimentary parking permits for fall and spring semesters
- Study abroad opportunities through CSU International Programs
- Special invitations from the university president to numerous social, cultural, and athletic events
- Special recognition at Honors convocation and university commencement ceremonies
- Letters of recommendation from the university president for graduate school and job references
- Admitted to CSUF
- Achieve a minimum grade point average of at least 3.75 at the community college
- Demonstrate significant contributions to school and community service activities during your time in the military and in the community college setting
- Be a resident of California. Residency is determined by the Office of Admissions and Records for fee purposes.
To apply for admission to CSUF, visit www.csumentor.edu (October 1 to November 30)
After applying to CSUF, you can apply to the President's Veterans Scholars Program by e-mailing Deanna Merino-Contino, Director of President's Scholars at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. Applications are now available and will be due by Friday, January 27, 2012.