California State University, Fullerton in collaboration with Citrus College and National University present a community conference, Women Veterans in Higher Education: Valor, Integrity, & Service on Tuesday, March 19th, 2013 from 9am to 3pm. This conference is free to attend and registration starts at 8:30am.
The purpose of the event is to acknowledge the service of women veterans, recognize they are a vital community in higher education, and educate college campuses and community service providers about the female veteran experience and how we can best serve them as they return home.
The theme, Valor, Integrity & Service, emerged from a Cal State Fullerton women veterans’ discussion regarding their service, their experience re-entering the civilian world, and their desire to continue to be of service to their communities.
Registration is now open.
Registration to attend is free. Resource fair space is also free but very limited. We look forward to seeing you all at the conference.
The conference will include
- Continental breakfast and lunch will be served.
- Speakers and presenters providing current information about, and to, women veterans.
- A panel discussion featuring women veterans sharing their diverse experiences.
- A viewing of the film, The Invisible War, followed by a discussion.
- A resource fair that will be available during registration and at the end of the conference.
Want to be a part of our Women in the Military video that will be shown at the opening of the conference? Submit your name, school (if applicable), branch of service, a past or present photo, and/or a statement that sums up your experience in service to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadline is February 28th.