Upper-Division Writing Requirements
According to UPS 320.020, courses used to fulfill or partially fulfill undergraduate students’ Upper Division Writing Requirement (UDWR) must be reviewed and certified by the University Committee on Writing Proficiency as writing intensive, writing complementary, or thesis courses. In addition, courses shall be submitted for UDWR recertification every eight years. The review and approval process is facilitated by the online curriculum system (i.e., Curriculog).
- UPS 320.020: University Writing Requirements
- UPS 411.100: Curriculum Guidelines & Procedures (courses)
- CSU Chancellor's Executive Order (EO) 665: Determination of Competence in English and Mathematics
- Upper-Division Writing Requirement Petition Find it in "Additional Petitions."
create a proposal in curriculog
To initiate a proposal, access Curriculog through your CSUF portal, or click the link below (authentication required).
- Click on Login, located in the top-right corner.
- Click Need Help? in the bottom-right corner.
- Type "new proposal" in the search box that pops up.
- Select Proposal-Create New Proposal for step-by-step instructions.
- Follow the prompts.