Writing Across the Curriculum at CSUF
WAC Services Available for Departments
✔ Deliver WAC workshops at department meetings or retreats.
✔ Assist in the development of new or improved upper-division writing courses, whether “intensive” (a single course) or “complementary” (two courses), in compliance with UPS 320.020.
✔ Assist in the design of writing prompts or rubrics for “capstone” and coordinated courses.
WAC Workshops Available for Department Meetings and Retreats:
- Designing Effective Writing Prompts for Any Class
- Clear, Concise Sentences: Five Quick Strategies
- Using Writing to Learn in Any Class
- GE Goals and Writing Pedagogy
- Leading Effective Peer Reviews to Increase Feedback for Writers
- Experts’ Notebooks: Increasing Course Writing; Reducing Grading Time
- Reduce Grading Time with Writing Rubrics
- Reduce Grading Time with Turnitin
- Reduce Grading Time with Formative Feedback
WAC Program Mission:
The WAC Program aims to improve writing and learning across campus, to support faculty as they integrate writing into their courses, and to create a campus culture that values writing and the ways writing can enhance learning.