- Mandatory Pre & Post Internship Workshops.
- Attend four WoMen's Center or Adult Reentry events or programs.
- Commit to the time required for the internship (8 - 10 hours/ week).
- Design a marketing strategy to promote your group, project, or presentation.
- Attend weekly supervision meetings.
The center serves more than 9,000 people each year and is dedicated to issues of gender equity on campus and the surrounding community. Our mission is to educate the campus on the status of women and men in society and to foster an environment to enhance gender knowledge and awareness.
The Adult Reentry Center provides services for adults who, after a break in their education, are considering beginning or continuing their college education.
The center appreciates the diversity of its students and encourages a non-judgmental perspective regarding uniqueness. Intellectual/emotional development, growth and support of the student body at CSUF are implicit in all of the center's goals.
Interns are considered an integral part of the staff at the WoMen's Center / Adult Reentry Center. They participate in program development, evaluation, group process, research on gender issues, peer counseling, coordination of multicultural groups, and presentations on topics related to gender. The WoMen's Center / Adult Reentry Center provides a well-rounded professional experience.
- Special Events
- Noon time Program Coordinator
- Facilitated Groups:
- Parenting Discussions
- Eating Disorders
- Women's Issues
- Men's Resource Center
- Gender Alliance Program
- Facilitated Study Group (FSG)
- Group Leadership
- Cal-Works Liaison
- Families Across Cultures
- Mentoring Project
Women's Cultural Resource Center:
- Chicana Resource Center "Para Mujeres"
- African American Center "Sistertalk"
- Native American Resource Center
- Asian/Pacific Islander Resource Center
- Facilitated Discussion Groups
- Special Events
- Research on Diverse Populations
Download and fill out the application to apply.