First Year Connection (FYC)
Live on campus, with your peers. Get connected to all the resources you will need for a great start in college!
Are you looking for a small community that will give you the tools you need to transition from high school to college? First Year Connection is a living-learning community for students in First Year Experience, which teaches students the academic and practical skills for college success.
What is First Year Connection?
First Year Connection (FYC) is an extension of First Year Experience that serves students living in the Pine Residence Hall Building. It doesn't matter which learning community you have chosen, ALL participants can apply to reside in Pine Residence Hall!
Why participate in FYC?
First Year Connection offers all First Year Experience learning community participants:
- Eligible for on-campus housing in Pine Residence Hall
- On-site sections of University Studies 100
- A special First Year Experience New Student Orientation session with advising and fall registration support
What can I look forward to in FYC?
- Students will get on track to college success by enrolling in University Studies 100 course located in the Pine Residence Hall classroom
- Students make friends and learn how to make the most of the college experience
- Students learn together how to navigate the university, succeed in classes, and take advantage of campus resources available
- Classes and a resource center with advising, tutoring, study groups, community building events and other activities in the Pine Residence Hall
How can I participate in FYC?
To be eligible for First Year Connection, you must also join First Year Experience. We are currently accepting applications for the 2016-2017 school year. Apply online by visiting fullerton.edu/fye. Be sure to complete your application by May 1 for first consideration.
For more information about the Housing and Residence Life application process please visit http://www.fullerton.edu/housing/