First Year Experience supports the development of more than first-year students. We also provide leadership skills and opportunities for students in their second year and beyond! Take a look to see how you can get involved and leave your mark at Cal State Fullerton!
For more information and to apply to any of these Leadership Programs, contact the FYE office at email@example.com.
Freshman Student Association
FSA is a student-run organization that is facilitated and maintained by its Executive Board. FSA provides an opportunity for freshmen to achieve a leadership position on campus that can be used as a stepping stone to more advanced leadership opportunities.
With the guidance and direction of an advisor, the board of elected students and general members choose their own projects, level of campus and community interactions and determine the contributions they will make to CSUF and the surrounding community.
Freshman Student Association strives to increase awareness of diversity, tolerance, and understanding through its interaction with the student body and the greater Cal State Fullerton Community.
Peer Ambassador Committee (PAC)
We are excited that you are interested in PAC! The Peer Ambassador Committee is a group of volunteer student leaders who help first-year students transition to college. As a PAC member, you will serve as a student leader and collaborate with First Year Experience (FYE) staff, faculty, and students to represent Cal State Fullerton and FYE. You will have the opportunity to meet prospective students and parents at various outreach and welcome events plus receive on-going Academic Coaching from FYE staff!
As an FYE PAC member you will gain valuable skills that will help build your resume. Some of the benefits you will gain from this experience include:
Student Leadership Institute (SLI) credit for Leadership workshops
Public speaking and interpersonal skills
Ability to work within a diverse team
Training on CSUF programs and services
Recognition for volunteer hours
- Desire to serve the University community (students, staff, faculty, and visitors)
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for Cal State Fullerton
- Must be in good academic standing
- Ability to commit 5-10 hours per academic year. May commit more hours if desired
- Must be current FYE student, alumni, or former peer mentor
- Must have availability to attend mandatory training session (dates to be announced)
- Must have the ability to meet once a month (dates to be announced)
- Academic field trips
- Represent Cal State Fullerton and Freshman Programs at Welcome to Cal State Fullerton Day
- Participate in the Freshman Programs New Student Programs Orientation
- Participate in the Freshman Programs Convocation in the fall semester
- Various Freshman Programs and FSA events
The First Year Experience (FYE) Peer Mentor Program assists first-year students in their social, personal and academic transition to Cal State Fullerton by providing a peer mentor in each section of University Studies 100 who acts as a resource, support system, and role model.
The FYE Peer Mentor Program is designed to assist first-year students in their social, personal and academic transition to Cal State Fullerton by providing a peer mentor in each section of University Studies 100 who acts as a resource, support system and role model.