Overview for Lecturer Evaluators
UPS 210.070 defines the overall infrastructure for how evaluations for lecturer faculty are conducted including evaluation criteria and the steps in the review process workflow.
Some departments have Department Standards for Lecturer Faculty that have been approved by the Provost's office, which will provide the evaluation criteria for lecturer faculty in that specific department. Check to see if the department whose faculty you are evaluating have a set of approved standards before beginning your evaluation.
Changes to Review Process due to COVID-19
- ALL Lecturer Evaluations are now conducted digitally through the Interfolio platform
- This includes both Full-time & Part-time Lecturers
- Rebuttal periods throughout the process are conducted through the Interfolio platform
- All performance evaluation and rebuttal documentation are uploaded digitally to Interfolio, no more paper or emailed copies.
- The Lecturer Checklist has been incorporated into the Interfolio Review packet, and will no longer be required as a separate document or upload.
- FAR will no longer be creating binders for the Lecturer Evaluation process
Eligibility criteria for serving as a lecturer evaluator
UPS 210.070 contains all of the details of Lecturer Evaluator Eligibility and Responsibilities (Section VII.B)
- Untenured Faculty shall NOT serve on the Department Peer Review Committee
- Any faculty members who are on any type of leave [sabbatical, DIP, etc.] during the semester when the evaluation cycle is occuring, cannot serve on the DPRC.
- The department can request that FERP faculty teaching in both semesters run for election (please contact FAR for details)
|Review Type||Required Volume of Documentation to be submitted in the WPAF|
|Year 3 of 3 Periodic||The faculty member must submit 2 1/2 years or 5 semesters worth of data documenting all academic and professional activities|
|6-year Comprehensive||The faculty member must submit 5 1/2 years or 11 semesters worth of data documenting all academic and professional activities|
|Range Elevation||The faculty member must submit 5 years or 10 semesters worth of data documenting all academic and professional activities|