2020-2021 Sabbatical Leaves
UPS 260.102 as well as Article 27 of the Unit 3 Collective Bargaining Agreement govern the granting of Sabbatical leaves to eligible faculty. It is recommended that eligible candidates review both thoroughly prior to submitting an application.
In order to be considered for a sabbatical leave, eligible faculty must submit the Sabbatical Leave Application, Narrative, and CV. The due date for applications is Tuesday, October 15th, 2019, at 5:00 P.M. Applications will be submitted through an online application process.
Faculty awarded leaves must submit a Professional Leave Report at the conclusion of their Sabbatical.
SABBATICAL LEAVE APPLICATION
- Applicants will be required to complete an online Application and to upload an Application Narrative and Abbreviated Curriculum Vitae.
- Only PDF file formats will be accepted.
- All applicants must complete final submission by Tuesday, October 15, 2019 by 5:00 PM in order to be considered for a sabbatical. The online application will be locked at this time, ensuring all applicants meet the deadline.
Please refer to the Sabbatical Application User Guide and the Sabbatical Submission Instruction Guide for additional details.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
- Tentative 2020-2021 Eligibility List
- Slides from 2020-2021 Workshop
- Rubric for Evaluating Sabbatical Leave Applications
- Sabbatical – Frequently Asked Questions
- Sabbatical Submission Instructions
- Sabbatical Application User Guide
- Professional Leave Report Format
- Request Additional Employment During Leave Form
- Policy on Travel Expenses while on Sabbatical Leave
|Application Deadline||October 15, 2019 by 5:00 PM|
|Committee Review Process||November 2019|
|Administrative Process||December 2019|
|Provost’s Office Process||January 2020|
|Decision Letters to Applicants||February 2020|
If you have questions regarding Sabbaticals, please contact FAR at ext. 2125. or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility Requirements for Sabbatical and Difference-in-Pay
Probationary and Tenured Faculty, Full-Time Lecturers, Full-Time Librarians and Full-Time Academic-Related Counselors (SSP-AR) may be eligible for Sabbatical/DIP leave. Faculty must have served full-time for six years in the preceding seven year period prior to taking their first sabbatical or DIP leave. Thereafter, faculty must have full-time service for 3 years prior to taking a subsequent DIP leave or 6 years prior to taking a subsequent sabbatical leave. Please contact FAR with questions about eligibility.