How to Apply
- Complete the online FAFSA (https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid ) before March 2nd of each year. CSUF’s school code is 001137.
- AB 540 students can apply online for the California Dream Act (CDA) Application (https://dream.csac.ca.gov/ ) before March 2nd every year.
- California residents can apply for a Cal Grant by submitting a GPA Verification form to CSAC (csac.ca.gov ) by March 2nd each year.
- FAFSA and CDA Applications may be submitted after March 2nd. Please note that some funding is limited and students who file applications after the March 2nd deadline may not be offered some awards.
Check out the Next Steps page to learn about the other application steps like:
- Student Portal & Student Center
- Submit Documents for Verification
- Review Your Award
- Receiving Aid / Disbursement
Do you need to pay for classes?
If your financial aid award is sufficient to cover your tuition and campus fees, you may be eligible to defer payment. Learn more at Student Business Services.
Remember to reapply for financial aid every year!
The application process is a cycle that occurs each year, make sure you complete all the steps.