Thesis and Dissertation
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about the submission process that are not clear to you on this page.
|Submit thesis, dissertation,
DNP project to
Graduate Studies Office
Nov 26, 2019
Apr 24, 2020
July 10, 2020
*All dates subject to change based on changes in university calendar
1. Upon 598 enrollment, print out the Thesis Manual . It includes everything you need to know.
2. After you have a complete first draft, download the Thesis Template for your manuscript formatting, and paste in your draft. Proof and edit additional drafts.
3. Early in your final semester, format your work to the best of your ability. Seek assistance from a Graduate Success Consultants if needed.
4. Review the new process in the Thesis Manual .
5. Print out your Thesis Verification Form for committee signatures at your defense. This can be printed out on regular paper; special paper is no longer required.
6. Your Chair and Committee must approve your final version and complete the embargo section by signing the Thesis Verification Form. All signatures must be the original wet signature for each committee member. Electronic signatures or copies will not be accepted.
Submit the following four required materials (at the same time) to the Office of Graduate Studies by the appropriate submission deadline:
- Create an account on ProQuest . (ProQuest Online Submission Example ). Forward your ProQuest email confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the Thesis Verification Form , signed by your full committee, to the Office of Graduate Studies (CP-950 or via email to email@example.com).
- Sign the Abierta Agreement and submit to the Office of Graduate Studies (CP-950 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Email an electronic copy of committee-approved version of your manuscript in Word to email@example.com. No .PDFs, please.
After the Office of Graduate Studies has received all necessary materials, they will be forwarded to the University Thesis/Dissertation Reader for final approval. You will receive email confirmation of the final approval; please check your CSUF email regularly.
- After your submission, the University Thesis/Dissertation Reader will contact you via the email provided on the Thesis Verification Form .
- If the Reader requests changes, please make them and email them back to the Reader. You do not need to resubmit all materials.
- Once the paper reaches all university formatting requirements, the Reader will upload a new version to ProQuest and will notify the university that the student has finished.
- ProQuest sends ETD for binding and publication.
Ordering Additional Thesis Copies
The University Thesis/Dissertation Reader, Eliot Cossaboom (firstname.lastname@example.org), is available to answer any questions not found on this site by email or by appointment only. During peak times, when there is a high volume of theses and dissertations to review, it may take up to three business days to receive a response.
Thesis writing workshops are offered every semester and highly recommended for anyone writing a thesis. Please check upcoming workshops offered for graduate students . The Thesis Writing 101 workshop PowerPoint is available for viewing on this site.
Graduate Success Consultants
If you need writing support, take advantage of the services provided by the Graduate Success Consultants . One-on-one appointments are available.