Graduate Equity Program
The Graduate Equity Program seeks to increase the diversity of students completing graduate degree programs, encourage further study in doctoral programs, and promote consideration of university faculty careers.
The program provides fellowships of $500-$2,000 to economically disadvantaged CSU students who have overcome educational disadvantages or hardships. The fellowships are intended to minimize students’ debt burden, allowing them to complete their program more quickly and commence doctoral study.
Deadline: will be posted
Application: will be posted
In order to be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be currently enrolled in a graduate degree program at Cal State Fullerton (6 units minimum), OR admitted to a graduate program at Cal State Fullerton for Fall 2018
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units per semester toward a graduate degree program
- Earn and maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or better
- Have an official study plan on file with the Office of Graduate Studies at Cal State Fullerton if more than 15 units have been completed in a graduate degree program
- Demonstrate a minimum need of $1,000 by filing a 2018/19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form or California Dream Act (CDA)
- Be a resident of the State of California
- Complete an application form, including a personal statement, a resume and 2 faculty recommendation letters
In addition to meeting the general eligibility requirements, the strongest candidates will:
- Express an interest in completing a doctoral program and pursuing a university faculty teaching career
- Demonstrate experience conducting research and/or teaching
- Demonstrate a record of strong academic performance
Applicants will be scored according to applicant’s potential for completing a doctorate and entering a university faculty career; financial need per FAFSA/CDA; and quality of the personal statement.