Writing Across the Curriculum
Travel Grant Application
To support the professional development of Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) Certificate recipients, the WAC Program is offering a Travel Grant. This grant can be used for travel to a WAC- or writing-related scholarly conference. Examples of such conferences include the International WAC conference, the Conference on College Composition and Communication, or conferences about writing in your discipline. Two grants of up to $800 are available this academic year.
Only WAC Certificate recipients are eligible to apply. Past WAC travel-grant recipients can re-apply after five years and after completing the post-grant requirement (see below).
A 250-300-word proposal that
- Describes the course(s) to which the applicant hopes to apply WAC theories and pedagogies. Is this a course you know you’ll be teaching in the next 2-3 semesters, or is this a class you hope to teach soon?
- Describes the conference to which the applicant plans to travel.* Please hyperlink the conference’s homepage in your proposal.
- Describes the applicant’s conference plans as they relate to WAC (e.g., presenting a paper, attending certain types of panels or workshops, etc.)
If a paper is being presented, please include a 50-100-word abstract. If evidence of acceptance to the conference is available, please attach that, as well.
Please refer to the WAC Travel Grant Rubric before writing your proposal.
Post Travel Grant Requirement
Travel Grant recipients will share either the writing-related ideas they presented at the attended conference, or the most useful, writing-related information they learned at that conference at a 1-hour WAC Lunch and Learn at Pollak Library in the academic year following their travel.
Please email your proposal and the following information to email@example.com by the first Friday of November.
- Department(s) in which you teach at CSUF,
- Name(s), Section number(s), and semester(s) of the course(s) you are teaching in the next academic semester, and
- Year you received your WAC Certificate to Leslie Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “WAC grant application” in your subject line.