What is the “Students in Service” Program?
“Students in Service” is a part-time AmeriCorps program that offers scholarships to college students who participate in community service. Students can earn a $1,000 stipend for 300 hours of service in the community.
What Activities Qualify?
- Academic and co-curricular service-learning
- Non-paid, academic internships with a focus on service
- Practicum hours, such as nursing, counseling, firefighting, student teachers who qualify, etc.
- Community service in the areas of education, public safety, environmental initiatives, community development, and human services
- Federal or State-funded community service work study positions (the only eligible paid positions)
- Most volunteer work, including tutoring, mentoring, stream restoration, volunteer recruitment, etc.
To apply for the program or if you have any further questions, please contact
Phone: (657) 278-5174
Students In Service National Website