Who We Are
The Emeriti of California State University, Fullerton, is a formal association of all persons awarded emeritus status by the president of CSUF. Additionally, the spouses of deceased emeriti participate as associate members. The Emeriti, as an association, exists to promote the welfare of California State University, Fullerton; to enhance the continuing professionalism of the emeriti; and to provide for the fellowship of the members.
What We Do
Picture of the sculpture IN'DIRECTION. The sculpture IN'DIRECTION by Jason Chakravarty and Derek Parker at the Arts Drive entrance to campus was funded in part by the Emeriti.
- Meet regularly during the academic year. In recent years the CSUF President has hosted an annual luncheon with the Emeriti to bring us up-to-date on the state of the University.
- Assist, as volunteers, in special projects for the Emeriti and for the University, e.g., aiding the "It's Our University" contribution program, and in partnership with the Patrons of the Library, we help to staff the Book Sale Center.
- Schedule a spring outing to a Southern California site of interest. In recent years the group has visited the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, the Huntington Library and Gardens, the Buddhist Temple in Hacienda Heights, the Sherman Gardens in Corona Del Mar, the Bowers Museum of Cultural Arts in Santa Ana, the J. Paul Getty Museum, the Pacific Aquarium, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and the Skirball Center.
- Maintain two endowment funds, one for student scholarships and the other to support the Library collections. In addition, we provide annual financial support to the Guardian Scholars Program.
- Maintain the Book of Tributes honoring deceased members of the Emeriti.
- Publish Emeritopics, the newsletter of the association. Recent issues of Emeritopics also are available online.
- Publish annually a directory of all emeriti distributed to members of the association.
- The Emeriti Association at CSUF also is affiliated with the California State University Emeriti and Retired Faculty Association, the statewide organization that represents the interests of emeritus and retired faculty and those other individuals who hold emeritus status on the various CSU campuses.