The Alumni Engagement department strives to foster a lifelong community of alumni connected to each other and to the institution with the goal of generating private financial support and engagement with the University.
Alumni Engagement staff also supports the Alumni Association Board of Directors in efforts to advance a positive CSUF image, promote university and alumni accomplishments, and provide opportunities for alumni networking.
Specific departmental responsibilities include:
- providing support for the Cal State Fullerton Alumni Association, which strengthens the CSUF connection with the goal of generating private financial support;
- developing programs and events that bring students, faculty, staff and alumni together, such as Vision & Visionaries; Homecoming, baseball tailgates, business networking events and workshops;
- conducting student outreach through the Student Alumni Ambassador program and graduation activities, including commencement;
- cultivating and developing alumni volunteers and identifying ways to engage their time and talent;
- producing communications content targeted toward alumni through the Alumni Relations web page, @Fullerton newsletter, Titan Magazine’s alumni section and social media;
- identifying potential donors and working with development professionals to cultivate them for financial contributions to the university;
- developing partnership agreements with businesses interested in providing products or services to alumni; and
- participating on boards, committees and task forces to assist in the incorporation of alumni components into campus programs and initiatives, such as commencement, ASI Government, Titan Communicators and the Cal State Fullerton Philanthropic Foundation.