Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Recognition Celebration
Every year the Asian American and Pacific Islander Faculty and Staff Association (AAPIFSA), The Asian Pacific American Resource Center (APARC), and Asian American Studies at CSUF host the Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) Recognition Celebration. This event is an opportunity for family and friends to celebrate the accomplishments of our APIDA graduates. Students who attend and participate in the ceremony will be individually recognized and receive a sash. All graduating students are invited to participate!
- There is a nominal registration fee of $10. No tickets are required for guests. However, guest seating is limited and will be available on a first come-first served basis. The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Parking will be available free of charge in the State College Parking Structure. (Campus Map )
- In keeping with the ceremonial nature of this event, academic regalia (cap and gown) is required for all graduates.
- Graduates are asked to arrive on time to prepare for the processional.
- Graduates must attend the ceremony to receive a sash and commemorative booklet.
- A reception with light refreshments will follow the ceremony.
The event is sponsored by the Asian American and Pacific Islander Faculty and Staff Association, Asian American Studies Department, Asian Pacific Islander Resource Center, and Diversity Initiatives & Resource Centers and the Division of Student Affairs.
The 17th Annual APIDA Grad will take place on Sunday, May 5, 2019 from 12pm - 2pm in the TSU Pavilions ABC.
Registration is closed and we are at full capacity!
For more information please contact the Asian Pacific American Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.