Visual Resources Image Collection
The Visual Resources Image Collection, located on the first floor of the E building in the Visual Arts complex, stores and gives access to art and architecture images used for instruction and study. All materials limited to educational, non-commercial use.
Students and faculty are encouraged to contact the collection curator for more information on what is available to you. Call, email or drop by.
For students and faculty:
• ArtStor Image Database – a collection of 700,000 digital images for presentation and study. Group or individualized instruction is available in the VRIC.
• Digital image searching strategies for other publicly available images
• Art and Art history research assistance
• Scanning of instructional images – digital images will be archived for the department instruction collection (some limitations)
• Access to department instructional digital image collection (approx. 10,000 images)
• Access to department slide collection (95,000 slides)
• Digital and slide projectors available for on-campus art department loan from David Brokaw
• Smart classroom room reservations: Gail Dawson (657-278-3471)
Additional image collections of interest:
World Art Kiosk
Grove Art (Pollak Library)
Pollak Library Audio Visual Collection
• The VRIC will accept donations of digital art images (some limitations) as long as:
• The images match the scope of department instruction
• Image quality meets archival standards
• Educational copyright use is also given
• Due to copyright issues and in order to limit image usage to educational purposes, access is restricted to CSUF students, faculty and staff only.
• No art authentication or evaluation services available - please contact commercial auction houses or professional art appraisers.